Water Source Heat Pump
Enjoy comfort all year long at a price that you can afford with a heat pump system from Brothers Supply Corporation. Whether you’re building a newly constructed home or business and you want to install an efficient heating and cooling system or you’re interested in replacing your existing HVAC system with something that’s more economically and environmentally friendly, a heat pump is an option that you should definitely consider.
What is a Heat Pump?
An HVAC heat pump is an all-in-one heating and cooling system. Basically, during warm weather, a heat pump pulls out indoor heat, transferring it outside, and when the weather is cold, it gathers heat from outdoors and transfers it inside. Essentially, the system can be adjusted so that it operates in accordance with indoor and outdoor temperatures and responds by either cycling cold or warm air; whichever one is appropriate to meet the needs of the thermostat setting.
Why Install a Heat Pump Instead of a Traditional HVAC System?
What are the benefits of a heat pump and why should you consider one over a standard HVAC system?
- They’re more cost-effective. While the initial heat pump cost may be more than a standard heating system, in the long run, they’re actually more cost-effective. That’s because they don’t rely on oil or gas to heat your home – or rely less on these fuel sources. Less fuel consumption = less money spent in the long run. Additionally, to cool indoor air, they use electricity more efficiently than a standard HVAC system. Both factors combined mean more savings overall.
- They’re more environmentally friendly. Heat pumps produce less carbon emissions than traditional HVAC systems; their conversion rate of energy is more efficient, too. With a water source heat pump, you’ll drastically reduce your carbon footprint, making this type of heating and cooling system much more environmentally friendly than a standard HVAC system.
- They’re easier to maintain. If you’re only using a heat pump to heat and cool your property, you only have a single system to maintain. One system means that there’s less that can go wrong, and if something does go wrong, diagnosing and repairing the problem is easier – and less expensive, too!
- They’re more reliable. Heat pumps are much more reliable than standard HVAC system.
Choosing a Heat Pump for Your Property
When selecting a heat pump to heat and cool your home or business, there are three main factors that need to be taken into consideration. These factors include:
- Size. Just like a standard air conditioning unit, the size of a heat pump needs to be taken into consideration. If it’s too small, it won’t effectively cool your property, but if it’s too large, you’ll end up spending more to run the unit. The square footage of the space you are trying to cool and heat is the primary factors that will indicate the size of the heat pump you’ll need.
- Efficiency. A heat pump that features compressors that consumes less energy may be more expensive upfront, but in the long run, it will prove to be more cost-effective, as your energy bills will be lower.
- Dual-fuel. The majority of heat pumps aren’t capable of operating efficiently when temperatures fall below 40 degrees. Since winters in the Tri-State area can fall well below 40 degrees, a dual-fuel system is recommended, as these systems use an alternative device to produce heat when there isn’t enough heat in the outdoor air.
- Price. Like any heating and cooling system, the price of a heat pump is an important factor to consider. There are various options available to suit multiple price points. It’s important to note that while the cost of a heat pump may be higher than a standard HVAC system, in the long run, you’ll see more savings, as these systems are much more efficient and less costly to maintain.
Heat Pump Systems from Brothers Supply Corporation
Brothers Supply Corporation is a leading supplier and installer of heat pump systems in the Tri-State area. Our team of experts will help you select the best heat pump for your property so that you can enjoy maximum efficiency and comfort.
To learn more about heat pump systems or to schedule a consultation, please contact us at your earliest convenience. One of our associates will be happy to help you, and we look forward to meeting all of your heating and cooling needs.